Blackwells Before 1700
by Philip Blackwell (d.1976) (from records in Southern
This page contains P and most of R
Web edited David Blackwell 1996
15th cousin twice removed?)
also see my pre1500 Blackwells, Derbyshire
Blackwells and the
Debretts Research on Robert
I will reorganize this.
A-Ed , from Blackwell Newsletter Vol.1, 1979 ed.by
John D. Backwell
El - P , from Blackwell Newsletter
P - R (v below v)
STW Blackwells Before 1700
A-Ed and STW
typed in by Betty Blackwell Casey. Thanks Betty.
thru Q was published in the Blackwell Newletter which use to be edited by
John D. Blackwell now librarian at _____ University Ontario.
If a description of churches in London or England ever gets on the web
I'll put links to them where they are referenced. (Also ships, towns, companies,
- 1667. Paul apothocary in ship Sampson (Will P.C.C. Car 34).
Robert of New Marton, Yorks.
- 1673. Paul, of Somerset. Estate administered October. Mention of
- 1664. Penelope, widow. Daughter Ann died under age. Chancery Proceedings
- 1581. Peter, Married Margaret Ashmore at Aldenham (Herts.)
- 1586. Peter, son of Richard of Somerset, tailor, apprenticed Merchant
- 1601-5. Peter, died. (Consistory Court.) (Not in Consistory of London).
- 1603. Peter, buried St.Margarets, Westminster (Mdx.)
- 1611. Peter, married Agnes Knevat at Aldenham (Herts.)
- 1653. Peter, of Chipping Barnet (Herts.) Re Antelope Inn Chancery Proceeds
- 1665. Peter, signature in vestry book at Barnet (Herts.) Issued Tokens
1666. Churchwarden 1681. Buried Jan.15th. 1684/5.
- 1669. Peter. of Middle Temple, widower aged 30, married Mary Squib,
- 1670. Peter, son of Peter of Barnet (Herts.) Inn holder, appprenticed
- 1676. Peter, of St.Dunstans in the West, (London) about 40, widower,
and Alice Carter of St. Brides married.
- 1677. Peter, of Chipping Barnet (Herts.) Inn holder, (Arch. St. Albans)
(will 20 Hickman.) Sons, Peter, Thomas & James; daughters Elizabeth &
Mary; Anne, & Rebecca; brother George; wife ann.
- 1679. Peter, son of Peter of Barnet, buried at Barnet, (Herts.).
- 1683. Peter of St. Dunstans in the West, gent. (Will P.C.C. Drax 122.)
Wife Alice; brother John.
- 1683. Peter, of Barnet (Herts.) re: Antelope Inn. Chancer Proceedings
- 1541. Philip, child buried Watford (Herts.).
- 1545. Philip, mentioned at Watford and Aldenham (Herts.
- 1696. Phillip, of St.Clements Danes (Mdx.).
- 1618. Prudence, dau: of John, Vicar of Streatley, Berks. bapt.
- 1665. Rachell, buried St.James, Clerkenwell (Mdx.)
- 1697. Rachael, dau: of Robert & Mary, bapt. St. Giles in the Fields
- 1571. Radulph, married Christian Cordle at Enfield (Mdx.)
- 1589. Rafe, married Elizabeth Gore, Enfield (Mdx.)
- 1603-1625. Ralph, and Margert his wife, re land in Somerset. Chancery
Proceedings, James I.
- 1692 Ralph, married Chaterine Shiply. St.James, Dukes Place, (London).
- 1611. Rebeeca, Married Jeromy Channocke, St. Margarets, Westminster (Mdx.)
- 1666. Rebecca, married Gibert Averrel. St. Martin, Ludgate, (London)
- 1676.Rebecca, buried St.Mary Colechurch (London)
- 1685. Rebecca, buried St. Mary Colechurch (London)
- 1698. Rebecca, of Deptford, Kent, widow. (b.1613). Married William in
1644. Chancery Proceeding. (Mitford C.8/565/33.)
- 1492. Richard of St.Barts, West Smithfield, (Mdx.) Bushey (Herts.) and
Whitechurch. WI (P.C.C Vox 27.) Wife Agnes; son William , left wood in Bushey;
grandson Richard son of William; daughters Margaret and Alice. Mention of
Agnes, daughter of WIlliam of Totridge (Herts.) Daughter Margaret left farm
- 1518 Richard, land in Hendon (Middlesex Feet of Fines.) (10 Hen.8, Mich.)
- 1541. Richard, dau. Elizabeth, bapt. Watford (herts.)
- 1547. Richard, buried at Watford (Herts.)
- 1548. Richard of Watford (Herts.) died (Will 96 Alley.Arch. of St. Albans.)
Wife Anne; sons Richard, William & Henry; daughter Joan. (Mention of
- 1561. Richard, bapt. St. Margarets, Westminster (Mdx.)
- 1563. Richard Blackwall. Premises in St.Martin in the Fields.) (Middlesex
Feet of Fines.) 5 & 6 Eliz. ____) (end of page 29)
- 1581. Richard, married Margaret Rayner, St.Thomas Apostle. (Lond)
- 1587. Richard, carpenter, married Margaret Cley. St. Nicholas Cole Abbey.
- 1591. Richard, son of Thomas, bapt. St.Margarets, Westminster (Mdx.)
- 1594. Richard, married An Proctor, St. Mildred Poultry (Lond.)
- 1601/2 Richard, of Bushey (Herts)
died, widow Anne.
- 1602. Richard, of Northampton, died (Will P.C.C. Montague 13)
- 1603. Richard, buried St. Margarets, Westminster. (Mdx.)
- 1603. Richard, married Alice Alway, Stepney (Mdx.)
- 1627/8. Richard, mentioned in Hundred of Dacorum (Herts.) as paying L
3.12.0. Ditto 1628/9
- 1628. Richard, aconstable of Bushey (Herts.)
- 1631. Richard, of Mund Eaton, Warwick & London, died (Will P.C.C.
St. John 110.) Brother Thomas and his children: William & Jane.
- 1633. Richard, administered the estate of Margaret Naylor. (P.C.C.)
- 1634?. Richard, yeoman of Bushey
(Herts.) died. (Will 260 Dainty. Arch.
of St. Albans.) Wife Elizabeth, dau: Mary.
- 1635. Richard, a church warden of Great Kimble (Bucks.)
- 1637?. Richard, son of Robert, deceased, late of Bushey.
- 1640. Richard, son of Richard, labourer, bapt.St.Andrews Holborn (Mdx.)
- 1646. Richard, son of Richard, buried St. James Clerkenwell (Mdx.)
- 1649 Richard, of Bushey (Herts.)
and Chancery Lane (Mdx.) died. (Will
P.C.C. Fairfax 46.) Wife Winifred, son Richard. dau: Winifred & Mary.
- 1650. Richard, married Penelope Froulgate, St. Andrews, Undershaft (Lond.)
- 1651. Richard, of Colwall (Hersfs.) Grocers Co: Records.
- 1656. Richard, of Horley, Oxon. (Will P.C.C. Berkeley 168). Wife Joan.
- 1656. Richard, goldsmith, mentioned in London.
- 1657. Richard, of Preston, Glos. yeoman, died. (Will P.C.C. Ruthen 143.)
Sons Robert, Thomas; daughters Thomison, Mary wife of John Pearce; brother
- 1659. Richard, land in Stepney (Mdx.) Chancery Proceedings (Reynardson
C.9/241/6.) ------------(end of page 30)------------------
- 1663. Richard, of St.Catherine (Lond.) Estate administered August. Wife
Alice. (P.C.C) (?)
- 1671. Richard, of Bushey (Herts.)
Re land. Chancery Proceedings (Mitford.
- 1673. Richard, on the death of his father Richard (Mother Eleanor.) Admitted
1/2 part of some lands. Court Baron 25 Charles 2nd. Barnersbury (Mdx.)
- 1674. Richard, of St.Bridges, London, Vintner about 24 and Anne Gowen
of Newmarket (Suff. of Cambs.) about 23 (Vicar General).
- 1678. Richard, son of Thomas and Mary, bapt. Northaw (Herts.)
- 1679. Richard, of St. Margarets, Westminster, (Est. Ad: April.)
- 1679. Richard, son of Francis, yeoman late of Clareby Home,
Salop,yeoman, deceased, apprenticed Grocers Co.
- 1680. Richard, married Mary Lane. St.Sepulchres (Lond.)
- 1681. Richard, son of Francis, yeoman, of Salop. Apprenticed to John
Bradshaw. (Salters Company)
- 1682. Richard, the elder of Ascott, Monks Risborough, (Bucks.) yeoman.
Mention of son and heir, Richard the younger and Mary his wife. Chancery
Proceedings (Mitford C.8/260/65)
- 1682. Richard, married Mary Davies, St.James Dukes Place. (Lond.)
- 1683. Richard, son of Richard and Mary, bapt. St. James, Clerkenwell
- 1683. Richard, of Monks Risborough, Bucks., yeoman. Chancery Proceedings
- 1693. Richard, St. Nicholas (Lond.) (?) 22.4.0.
- 1696. Richard, blacksmith.
- 1698.Richard, estate Administered July. (P.C.C.)
- 1699.Richard, Est: Ad: Commissary Court May.
- ?1473/4[sic] 1643 [DCB ed]..
Robert, of Bushey (Herts.) died .
Will (17 Walingford. Arch. St.
Albans.) Wished to be buried at Bushey. Executors. His wife Eleanor, and
Richard. This date is erroreous, it should be 1643, Richard is his grandson,
- 1487. Robert, Rector of Heston (Mdx.)
- 1488. Robert, Rector of St. Mary, Woolnoth (Lond.)
- 1510 Sir Robert, Priest. Wilts. Chancery Proceedings. C.1/359/55.
- 1515. Robert Blackwall, and his son George. Land in Moxton. (Mdx. Feet
of Fines.) (7 Hen.8, Trin.) (---- end of page 31 ------)
- 1527. Robert, mentioned at Watford (Herts.)
- 1531. Robert, late of Clements Inn admitted Inner Temple.
- 1544. Robert, married Joan Aldwyn at Watford (Herts.)
- 1548. Robert, married Joan Harper at Watford (Herts.)
- 1556. Robert, bapt.Watford (Herts.)
- 1559. Robert, married Agnes Blundell at Watford (Herts.)
- 1562. Robert, son of Robert buried Watford (Herts.)
- 1564. Robert, master of Blechingly Grammar School. (Surr.)
- 1570. Robert, buried at Watford (Herts.)
- 1570/1. Robert, buried Watford (Herts.)
- 1579/80. Robert, of Grays Inn, and
Bushey (Herts.) Matriculated St. Johns,
Cambridge. (See also "Alumni Cantabridgienses" Vol. I.)
- 1580. Robert, of Bushey (Herts.) died (Will 67 Clapton. Arch. St.Albans)
also Inquisition (C.142/189/89) Wife Joan (she died about 1607, see will.)
Sons George, Robert, Richard; daughter Joan, Susan & Dorothy. Owned Manor
of Bushey. George aged "22 or more."
- 1584. Robert, late of Barnard's Inn admitted Grays Inn.
- 1586. Robert, buried St. Martins (Lond.) (?)
- 1604. Robert, of Northants, matriculated Oxford.
- 1604. Robert, Hornsey, Middleson.
- 1606. Robert, son of Robert admitted Grays Inn.
- 1607. Robert, of Whitechapel, Carmain, died (Commissary Court.)
- 1616. Robert, mentioned in Court Roll, Islington (Mdx.)
- 1620-1(?) Robert, Court Baron, Manor of Barnersbury (Mdx.) 18 James 1st.
Admitted to 1/4 part of 2 cottages etc.
A-Ed , from Blackwell Newsletter Vol.1,
El - P , from Blackwell Newsletter Vol.
P - R (^ above ^)
STW Blackwells Before 1700
back to the Blackwell Online Notebook Table of