John Blackwell (b.England, d.1877 in North America), of Cheltenham, Glocestershire, England, m. ____ (d.autumn 1864 in England; she never went to Canada because of poor eyesight and health). John took his sons to Canada in 1849 and settled in Hamilton. Canada West (now Ontario), and later moved to Minnesota, USA John's children were born in England:
- Henry Blackwell d.? in Holme City Minn.
- John Blackwell d.1875 at Litchfield, Minnesota.
- Bill Blackwell (adopted) d.1917 at Puyallup, Washington.
- Sophia Blackwell d.1860s in England?
- Elizabeth Blackwell , to Minn. and m.___ Frost; d.soon after marriage.
- George m. (?) Blackwell (b.15 Oct.1834, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire,
England; to Canada at age 15 (1849); had some experience in England as an
assistant butler; to Minnesota; returned to Canada in 1864 and resided wa
shile in Simcoe Ontario; lived in Wingham, Ontario 1865-1899; then to Manitoba
to farmstead; d.1916; m.1863 at Anoka, Minn. Lois Clarinda Twitchell (1841-1925).
George and Lois had 11 children; none stayed in Ontario but some moved from
Manitoba to Bristish COlumbia. The children included:
- Charles M. Blackwell (1883-1946) he carried on the family farm in
Manitoba, where John Clayton Blackwell (now of Winnipeg) was born.
- Milton Field Blackwell (b.Wingham, Ont. 1873; to B.C. 1895; spent a
few years in the construction business in Vancouver and then went into mixed
farming near Kamloops, B.C.) m.(1900 at Wingham, Ont.) Agnes Eadie. Milton
and Agnes had 6 sons (one of whom was the father of Kenneth Milton Blackwell,
now of Greenville, Ont.) and 4 daughters (including Dorothy E. Blackwell
now Foley of Kamloops).
(compiled from information provided through the courtesy of
: Mrs (Percy) Dorothy E. Foley, Box 313, Kamloops, BC, Canada V2C 5K9; Mr.
J.C.Blackwell, 16-3459 Portage Ave. Winnippeg, Manitoba, Canada R3K 0X2;
and Mr. Kenneth Milton Blackwell, 96 Brock Road, Greensville, Ontario, Canada,
L9H 5J1. (1981 addresses).
via Blackwell Newsletter 1981 v.3p.38-39.
to Blackwell Online Notebook Table of Contents.